Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The Beginning of my Weightloss Journey


 So I'm sure you're all wondering how in the world I lost forty pounds. Yes? Well I'll explain, but first things first, let's get some before and "mid-way through" pictures out of the way. I am about a week past the half way mark on this journey and hope to achieve losing at least 35 more pounds.

But here's the progress that's been made so far, the before...









  Oy vey, let's move on. I can't say exactly how much I weighed in each of those pictures...but I can tell you that the most I have ever weighed was 218 lbs. And that's as a 22 year old woman of 5'5". That's not good folks, not good at all. And I lived this way for a very long time, mainly because of a lack of knowledge about what my body needs and doesn't need.

  When I started my juice fast I weighed 199, that's because I spent about a week and a half gearing up for my fast by eating more live things and much less sugar. As a result I lost around 10 lbs. Back in the fall of 2014 I lived in Colorado for three months and did quite a bit of hiking and such while I was there which I'm attributing the other 8 lbs of weight loss to.
  So that's 8 in Co., which put me at 210 when I'd returned. 11 of those pounds I'd gotten rid of just by drinking more water and eating live foods and much, much less sugar. Then at 199 I started my juice fast and today I am swiftly headed towards the end of week 5 and 19 more lbs have gone.

  My goal is to be within a healthy BMI for my age and height. Which, according to my BMI calculator is between 111 and 150 lbs. So I'm looking to shed about...30 to 35 more lbs. Then I'll see where I am at that point.

 Okay so enough with the logistics.. let's get down to the mid way through photos!


Drum roll please....




















 
 
And here are some failed selfie attempts..
 
 
Nope..
Not yet..
There we go!
 
 
 
 
And here are a few side by side..
 
 


I have gone from a size 18 in jeans to a size 14, and I can fit into a size 12 but there a little tight. Ten more pounds and they won't be! ;)
I went from a dress size of 18 to a 12, and that's a loose 12. The dress you see in the picture above on the right is a size 12, it also belongs to my sister and I could not wear it before, although I wanted to badly! Now I can put it on without even unzipping it and there is room to spare!

My latest accomplishment is that I have brought my BMI from a 36.3, which is in the obese I category, to a 30 even. Which is 1 pound away from a BMI that is no longer in the first obese category but in the overweight category instead!

That's quite an accomplishment I'd say.. ;) And my goal is to reach anywhere between 18.5–24.9, because that is where my healthy range is.

To calculate your own BMI just look online for a calculator. All you need to know is your height, current weight and age. Then it should tell you what your BMI is and what range your body type should be in so that you can be healthy.

I'll try and upload one to my page so you can do it in a faster and easier manner.


I still have a good ways to go, but I'm proud of my accomplishments so far. I hope this has been encouraging for you as much as it has been for me. Stay tuned for more updates!

2 comments:

  1. That's so awesome Chelsey! Your doing great; keep up the good work. Oh, and by the way, you look gorgeous! :-)

    -Alice Wright
    www.whatsoever-lovely.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just about as gorgeous as you. ;) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete