Friday, January 30, 2015

Of Sick Days and Inspiration

  Today was another day of doctoring the sick. And because I was not feeling well myself a few days ago I have all these wonderful ideas about how to sooth soar throats and clear up noses and all those lovely things.

 I shared a soup recipe with you yesterday. Today I'll tell you  about a nice little drink I cooked up which does wonders for your immune system when your not feeling well.


 There are only two simple ingredients. Apple cider vinegar and honey.
 Two tbs of each in 8 oz of water. Warm it and mix it well. It may have a bit of a burn but it's certainly no worse than any medicine you have to take in order to get better! And the honey helps with this part too.
 Drink two mugfulls ( 16 oz ) of this a day and if your throat really doesn't feel well, gargle with a bit of it too.

Apple cider vinegar has anti-bacterial properties that will help fight off the flu and relieve inflammation of that swollen throat. It made mine feel so much better when I was sick and seems to be working rather well on everyone else too!



After doctoring everyone and making lunch ( which I can't eat ) I retired to my room, put on some Ella Fitzgerald and sat down to think. Something I haven't been able to do much of today.

My dream for La Santé Café is to one day turn it into an actual health food café.
Far fetched? Perhaps. Achievable? Absolutely!

But some days are more discouraging than others, like today for example.
All these questions circulate around in my head. Like, Would people even be interested in that sort of thing? Could I run a 
café single handedly? How will we ever get to the place where this could actually work?
Etc., etc...
But then I remembered the importance of seeing things through, even when it looks rather doubtful. Something I've learned from spending a month and a half juicing. ;)

Then my mother who has been out shopping all day showed me a few things she picked up for me while she was out. And my inspiration returned!

 



Every time I create a new recipe I write it down on one of these index cards and then rate it using a system of five stars. So that I give you the best of them. And so that in the future when I compile a book I'll know which ones were the best.
So my mom found a cute little box that says "recipes". It's perfect! And then this tea set that looks like it's right out of a small café is just lovely.

To summarize, inspiration is fickle. Don't rely on it to pull you through. Have some gumption of your own and take inspiration when it comes. Work through the harder times and you'll be glad you did.

Oh and thank you all for reading. I've been keeping up with how much traffic we're getting here and I am flattered to say it's much more than I expected!

I write for you, so thank you.

 Until tomorrow,
 Orevwa!

3 comments:

  1. This was an excellent post, Chelsey. The hot apple cider vinegar and honey drink truly does wonders for a sore throat. I've also used this same recipe for spring allergies and it works great. Thanks for being so sweet and taking care of us and your café is a great idea! :-)

    -Alice Wright
    www.the wright family farm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you love! I was lad I could help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely! i'll come help you when you open! always wanted to try being a waitress :) can't wait to try some of your recipes. I love hot lemon honey water! so yummy and good for you!

    ReplyDelete