Thursday, February 5, 2015

More Recipes...





  Thursday afternoon and juicing is on track and going well. My tomatoes are about half way gone, so lasting just as long as I needed them to and I've redone my calendar for the month of February. Which helps keep me on track. ;)

 Here's a few recipes that I've used lately which are some of my favorites.




First off the list is this my recipe for "Glowing Skin" juice. All you need are the ingredients you see right here.
2 Large Apples. ( Granny Smith )
6 Large Carrots ( Washed Well )
And a dash or 1/4 an inch of Ginger.

Juice everything together and mix well.

This juice tastes very much like carrots, so if you don't like carrots feel free to throw in an orange or two to counter act the taste.

Ginger and carrots are excellent for your skin so you can't really go wrong with this recipe.
And I think it tastes pretty fantastic!








Remember to wash all of your vegtables well. Especially if you get them from a market. These carrots came from Publix, where I found a 25 lb bag of whole, organic carrots for only $17!! And I've heard that some have them for more like $15. These have lasted me for several weeks and I still have just under half a bag full left.

Another of my favorites is this next one, which can be very hot! I like to use hot peppers in my juice sometimes because it gets away from only tasting sweet things from the fruit or tasting greens from the green juice. It adds variety.



Ingredients:
1/2 Green Bell Pepper
1 Large Red Navel Orange
1 Jalapeno Pepper
6 Large Carrots
and
2 Large Tomatoes


Those are what's left of my tomatoes from the market the other day. I use so many of them!

Juice everything together and mix well.







                 Sometimes I like to juice everything for one day, in the morning and then store it in a mason jar in the refrigerator to use later. This way I don't spend all day juicing and there's only one clean up session.



 Speaking of clean up...







I have found that occasionally I need to take the pieces of my juicer that need to be washed and soak them in hot, soapy water. Especially when I juice a lot of carrots, they tend to stain things orange. :\

I just leave it in for a few hours and then rinse it well.



    So even though I'm on a juice cleanse, I still love baking! And although I can't eat what I bake, I still enjoy it. Mixing a variety of ingredients together to make dough, setting it just right in the oven, and then the wonderful smell that fills the house when there close to done. And don't they just look lovely?












No comments:

Post a Comment